Friday, February 8, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things - and the big ones, too!



Yay for Friday!  That means it's time for another blog hop, hosted by VikLit.  Check out her blog for the full list of fellow celebrants!

This week I'm celebrating several rather big events.  In case you missed my original announcement, I got an agent, and I signed a contract with Harlequin Romantic Suspense for my first book!  Champagne all around!
www.123rf.com

I'm also thrilled to report that a former student of mine was awarded a scholarship!  S/he emailed to tell me the good news, and my heart grew three sizes as I read the message.  I'm so proud of them!

How was your week?




16 comments:

  1. WOW I did miss the agent announcement but CONGRATS!!!! That is so super exciting and such a BIG thing - I know I will be smiling for weeks once I (hopefully) get an agent. Very very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's been a pretty awesome week, I'm not gonna lie! [g]

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS what big announcements!! I bet you are so smiley with a contract and agent and WOOOO! How exciting. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all a bit overwhelming, but in a great way! [g]

      Delete
  3. Woot! An agent and a contract. Those are huge things. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to no end at your signing! Wonderful. I'm sure your heart is bloated with joy for having so much to be happy for, including your student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I feel very lucky, to be sure! [g]

      Delete
  5. Agent plus a contract? It doesn't get better than that! That is a major accomplishment. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers with some bubbly! Always a fine idea! Here's to your new contract and student! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome news for you!!! When is your book coming out? And I love when our old students get scholarships:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,

      No release date yet--probably late this year or early next year. I'll definitely post as soon as I know!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow Lara, congratulations! I will take a glass of that champagne! Keep me posted when you have a release date I want to read your book for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)