Friday, August 30, 2013

Photo Friday - Morning routine edition

This picture pretty much sums up my week...


I tried.  Oh, how I tried to keep the dream alive this week.  The snooze button has become my best friend.

This was the first week of the semester, which has been a huge adjustment for me.  I'd forgotten how much energy teaching requires, and how much I really don't like mornings (okay, I hadn't forgotten that, but now that I have to deal with them again, my hatred of the pre-noon hours is renewed afresh).

No worries, though.  I'll deal.  Somehow, I will find a way to function.  It will probably involve caffeine. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ugh-- mornings! You and me both! Looking forward to a three day week and lots and lots of glorious sleep! (And heading to the coffee stand shortly!)

    (PS: look at me being less of a creeper! Always read, never comment... but I love the feedback and now I'm going to GIVE IT too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you decided to step out of the land of lurkdom, Rachel! Good to have you here! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry, you don't like mornings. I do, absolutely love the early hours - 5:00 AM - is my starting time, unless I've stayed up till 2:00 AM - then it's 7:00 and I feel like a slob. My hubby isn't a morning person either, but that's all right - we get our separate quiet times that way. Teaching - such an honorable profession! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yolanda, you and I keep the exact opposite hours. Isn't it funny how preferences can be so drastically different? :)

      Delete
  3. What, you can't teach afternoon and evening classes and show up at school later??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do teach afternoon and evening, but somehow always wind up with a morning class as well...

      Delete
  4. LOL The kids weren't the only ones bleary eyed the first day of school. I'm not a middle of the night person I used to be either. I do mornings and early evenings but the late nights and mid afternoon are slumber time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my natural schedule will change over time as well!

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)