Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things - 4th of July edition!


It's the 4th of July!  For a lot of people, that means fireworks, family and friends, and BBQ.  Whatever you're doing, I wish you a happy and safe holiday!

This week, I'm celebrating the fact that Mister had a successful surgery yesterday.  He had a very large kidney stone that had to be removed, and fortunately the procedure went well.  He has to stay in the hospital until Saturday, but I'm just glad the stone is out and he can start feeling better. I'm especially glad the surgery was so early in July, as we are leaving for our honeymoon trip in early August.  Hopefully, he will be fully recovered and back to normal in time for our trip!

I don't think it's fair that his legs look better in hose than mine!

What are you celebrating this week?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop hosted by VikLit, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

8 comments:

  1. That's great news about a successful surgery, and I hope he recovers quickly! Have a great weekend, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew glad the Mr is okay and on the mend :) Hope yall have a lovely 4th. I'm getting ready to start mine off by making stuffed brownies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayer for a speedy recovery! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your husband's okay and you can relax a little for the holiday weekend! I had a kidney stone and it was horrible! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear husbands surgery went well, I hope he recovers in time for your honeymoon.

    Enjoy the rest of this July weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, happy to hear it went well! Say, where are you honeymooning? Hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! I hope he has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, everyone! We're home now, and he's enjoying sitting in his chair :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)