Friday, February 13, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - Birthday edition


Hi gang!  First of all, many thanks for the prayers, positive thoughts, and well-wishes for my friend.  I'm happy to say that she is showing signs of gradual improvement, which is a good thing.  She's not out of the woods yet, but I'm optimistic!

www.123rf.com
This week, I'm celebrating Mister's birthday. Technically, his birthday isn't until Monday, but we are going out to dinner with family on Saturday night so I'm counting the celebration this week.  He wanted to have a nice steak, so we picked out a local steakhouse and made reservations. Hopefully the food will live up to his expectations!

Keep your fingers crossed I can get a lot of writing done this weekend--my next deadline got moved up a couple of weeks, so I really need to buckle down.  I hate panicking at the last minute, so I try to set a steady pace for myself to avoid procrastinating.  I just have to overcome the activation energy barrier (science nerd reference!) to sitting down and getting started--once I do though, I think things will go well.

What are you celebrating this weekend?  Any big plans for Valentine's Day? Please share!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

9 comments:

  1. Happy Mister Birthday and Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B'day to the Mister. Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Activation Energy Barrier" - trying saying that three times - should slow you down, it did me (smile). I do enjoy a nice steak, but hate to mortgage the house for it. Hope it's a wonderful birthday celebration. hey Valentine's... I'll be working with children in the area... I was promised cupcakes...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to the Mister! And that is awesome news about your friend! Woots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear your friend is on the road to recovery. Happy Birthday to your husband, and have a Happy Valentine's Day! Good luck on getting that deadline work under control. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, a nice steak dinner sounds good. I think we'll be going to our local Mexian restaurant. They have amazing arroz con pollo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentines Day!!! And Happy Birthday to Mister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your friend is improving. Happy Birthday to Mister and Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your dinner out is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)