Friday, February 6, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - Health edition


This is a strange post to write.  I learned this week that a close friend is in the hospital with a condition called autoimmune hemolytic anemia--basically, her own immune system is attacking and destroying her red blood cells.  She has already had several blood transfusions and requires more in order to stay alive.  Unfortunately, I can't donate blood right now--Baby Munchkin needs all of it to finish cooking properly.  But if you're able, I hope you will consider donating blood at your local collection spot--it only takes a few minutes, and you really can save a life!
This situation has reminded me to be thankful for my own health, and the health of my family.  It's something we take for granted every day, and events like this really serve to remind us that our health is precious and could be gone in an instant.

I hope you all had a good week, and that you enjoy your weekend!  Take a moment to hug your loved ones!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

14 comments:

  1. Good health is truly a cause for celebration. You're right. We do take it for granted to often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, I prayed for your friend last night. Hoping for a good outcome. Take care of your precious munchkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lara. Family and friends are so worth celebrating! I can only offer good thoughts and prayers at this time. I'm not allowed, yet, to donate blood. Hang in there!(smile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how scary. Those moments do remind you how much to celebrate and be thankful for good health. Lots of prayers for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with your friend. When I get home, I will head off to give in her name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That sounds like a very scary condition. I had some health scares in the past year, too. Not fun. That's one of the reasons we must do what we love, be it writing or whatever, because you never know how long you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the awful news for your friend. X

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, everyone! I know she and her family appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Giving blood is such an easy thing to do and really does save lives. Let's hope your post encourages more people to do just that.
    my thoughts are with you, your friend and her family. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your health is something to celebrate, but we tend to take it for granted when we have it. I hope your friend recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They don't let me give, but my hubby gave Friday. {{{hugs}}} and good thoughts for you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dragon goodness! How long since last I was here? I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations on that.
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can't donate because of health problems but I'll be sending healing prayers her way.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)