Friday, February 27, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - Snow Days!


www.123rf.com
I live in Texas, which means we tend to experience pretty mild winters compared to the rest of the country (I'm looking at you, Boston!).  Therefore, when we do get wintry weather it's a novelty rather than a nuisance. Like this week--we had some ice and sleet, topped off with a little bit of snow, which resulted in two snow days from work!  It was awesome--I got so much writing done :) There's more snow in the forecast for today, but I don't think we'll see any more closures.  At any rate, I enjoyed getting to work in my pajamas for a couple of days.  It was a nice warm-up for spring break.

What have you been up to this week?  What's your weather like?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

7 comments:

  1. It's been a heavy writing week (which is good), and I just am keeping going at it. :) The weather here is already turning to spring - cherry blossoms, birds everywhere, etc. - and normally it would be colder. The Pacific Northwest has had an oddly dry, warm winter while the rest of the US seems to have gotten the super-cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unexpected days off are definitely worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're as excited as the kids about snow days, right? I'm glad to hear you used the time and got a lot accomplished writing wise. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luck you - pj days! Wed. 5 " snow... some rain on top, becoming ice. Stayed home and baked cookies. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow days in Texas! That's a bonus, with PJs and kicking back! (Dad always told me of a place in Arkansas where it got so hot, a field of ripening popcorn popped and the mule in the next field over thought it was snowing and froze to death. Dad said it was true. I didn't always believe my Dad...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't get much here in my area of NC either. I love it but I'm ready for it to pass now. We had like 6 inches of snow then ice on top of it and it just will not warm up enough to go away. We had an ice storm before that too. I've left the house like 2 times in over 2 weeks. We're getting a tad antsy but the house is getting pretty clean and organized! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Iowa, and mild winters still involve plenty of ice and snow. Gotta love snow days though! They can be great!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)