Friday, February 20, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - Treading water edition


So much to do, so little time!  I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.  This is one of those weeks where the work is piling up, so for now, I'm thankful that I have managed to keep my head above water. I hope I can start to whittle away at the to-do pile in the next few days and get things back to a more manageable level.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend!  It's supposed to get really cold here on Sunday (really cold for Texas, that is), so I'm looking forward to bundling up and staying inside.  My heart goes out to the people who are snowed in, but just think--in a few short months, you'll be laughing at our 100+ summer temperatures!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

8 comments:

  1. Every little bit counts! Just keep swimming/writing/whittling at that to-do pile!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ["...who doesn't love reading about good things?] Lara - you are so right! I love this blog hop.

    I feel for your pile, as I have one healthy one going too. I know we'll make it! Hope that cold weather is kind to you (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on keeping your head above water and good luck getting caught up with everything. Sometimes I feel like one of those circus plate spinners - so much is going on and I can barely dash back and forth to keep my plates from toppling to the ground. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are staying above water! Every item checked off of a to-do list is a triumph worthy of celebration in my books!
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'll take those 100s. Let it warm up, please!
    Singed, Georgia Peach ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I know we complain so much about the cold then about the heat. I'd love just a happy medium. 5 degrees is so not happy medium. lol But it has been great in some ways. Herd babes here that don't usually tolerate others have decided maybe snuggling is acceptable. At least for a couple days. Heh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with catching up on everything. I know exactly how you feel. I've had to give up on to-do lists because they just got longer and longer until I was terrified of even looking at them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're making good progress on that to-do pile!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)