Friday, January 8, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things - That's a wrap!


Hi, everyone!  I hope your 2016 is off to a great start!  I am currently persona non grata, at least where my cats are concerned.  I took them to the vet yesterday, and they still haven't forgiven me for it.  I'm hoping to be back in their good graces by the end of the weekend, and I think the liberal application of treats may help my cause...
Happier times...
This week, I'm celebrating the submission of my July release, Enticed by the Operative!  I sent the manuscript to my editor, so now I'm turning my attention to the next book while I wait to get the copy edits back.  I always have mixed emotions when I finish a book--overwhelming relief that it's done, but also a little bit of sadness that I have to leave the characters behind.  Anyone else feel the same way?

What are you celebrating this week?  Any big plans for the weekend?  Tell me about it!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to leave my characters behind, but I think when I do reach the end of my series, I will feel the exact same way.

    My cats are always mad at me after a vet visit, too—as is my vet, usually, because the cats are so horrible there.

    Congrats on sending your manuscript to the editor! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed feelings when I finish a book, too. My recent WIP will be done shortly and I still love the story and characters. (Sometimes I'm fed up with them! lol) Good luck on your next project - you're incredibly prolific! I'm sure kitties will forgive & forget after some treats and snuggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I feel that way when I finish a book. The nice thing is, when it get's published, you're not leaving the characters behind, you're just sharing them with others, giving them a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lara!! Congrats on sending in your ms! I do fall in love with my characters. They seem to come alive and it is hard to say goodbye. I believe that's why so many writers have sequels. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes my celebrate post featured a cat and the vet too! Congratulations on sending a book off but I think I would then spend time feeling "thank goodness that's done - now sit back, relax and wait for the editor to get back to me" - not be able to start another book!! I'd like to wish you a relaxing weekend but I have a feeling you'll be busy :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)